Who are we….
TechLine Mfg is a domestic manufacturer of Instrumentation and Electrical supports and provides quality products to industrial jobsites and facilities around the world. The company has proven capabilities for supplying products to instrument and electrical bulk package providers for large scale domestic and export projects in sectors including LNG, Oil & Gas, Power, and Petrochemical, among others. Based in Spanish Fort, AL, and with an additional service center in LaPorte, TX, TechLine Mfg was established in 1982.
Business Development Manager - Houston Area
TechLine is looking for a talented, enthusiastic person to help us continue growing and supporting our key customers and industries and helping us find new ones. The Industrial Construction market is one of the strongest markets in the US right now and projected to continue sturdy growth for years to come. We are looking to hire a Business Development Manager to help us continue to penetrate key EPC accounts and open doors for us in new ones. This is a customer facing role primarily targeting EPC firms, so understanding of those environments and accounts already established will be required. This is a remote office role, so we are looking for a disciplined, self-motivated and energetic individual capable of staying on point with both internal and external expectations. Critical success factors are; successfully influencing Techline Mfg. products within strategic Houston area EPC firm specifications, influencing use of commodity type products within estimating groups in those same accounts, meeting and exceeding quarterly sales targets.
10+ years of direct sales experience
Four-year degree required
Electrical/Instrumentation application knowledge
Competencies and Skills
- Professional, goal-oriented, competitive, persuasive and the ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Experience and success with long-term sales cycles that require relationships built over time, and with numerous organizations and levels of contact.
- Analyzing opportunities and developing sales strategies to accomplish.
- Results driven attitude with a hunger for success.
- Able to develop strategy and manage long term, complex sales life cycle projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; capable of managing multiple tasks, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate with people via email, over the phone, and in person is required. Proficient in all Office products.
- Able to work through a 4 Step Sales process to identify key decision makers/influencers and develop strategy to close and maximize opportunities.
- Strong presentation and customer engagement skills at all levels of an organization.
- Developing new business in addition to identifying cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Strong team player supporting multiple levels of the organization.
- Not content with meeting the expectation but strive to exceed the expectation!
- Responsible and able to self-manage expectations and required standard work
- Knowledge and experience with CRM tool such as Salesforce.com